Let Us Give Thanks for Our Bounty and for the Sacrifices of Our Veterans
FORT PIERCE ORCHID SOCIETY
FALL AUCTION - NOVEMBER 9, 2013-10 AM
AUCTION RULES AND INFORMATION FOR SELLERS
1. Any member can bring plant(s) for auction.
2. If you have plants for auction you should plan on being there by 9:30 am.
You will need to have a sticker on a leaf with your name and starting bid price.
(Donated plants should have FPOS on the sticker) The sticker cannot be any larger
than 1” by 1 1/2”. If your stickers are too big you will be asked to either redo the
stickers or remove the plants from the auction.
3. Plants should be cleaned and labeled beforehand. Plants brought for auctionmust be healthy and insect free. Flowering plants will generally fetch a higher price. For plants not in bloom, if you have a picture to show, bring it along.
3. The order of plants auctioned will be random. The auction will end when we run out of plants or time, whichever comes first.
4. 10% of all sales will go to the Society. Sellers may bring as many plants as they want (within reason); in addition, one plant per each ten will be donated to the Society. Donated plant(s) should have a minimum value of $10.00.
5. Sellers will be paid by Fort Pierce Orchid Society checks which will be mailed to sellers 1-2 weeks after the
6. Sellers will be required to verify that the number of plants we have listed as sold is correct. In the event there are any discrepancies, we want to handle this on the spot.
7. Buyers can pay by cash or check payable to Fort Pierce Orchid Society. Sorry, no credit cards accepted.
Many thanks to our dedicated members for a
beautiful and successful
"Falling for Orchids Show and Sale."
A few photos of hard working members are below. There are lots more in the November Newsletter -- click here
Thank you one and all. You are great!
Also check out the 'Photo Galleries' link in the navigation column on the right side of this page.
Please support and say thank you to our Vendors and Sponsors.
We would not have a successful show and sale without their support.
Find complete information for each vendor by clicking the 'Events & Trusted Links' button in the navigation column to the right or click here.
Jim's Orchid Supplies
The Orchid Specialist
Orchid Treasures - jewelry
Red Hawk Nursery
Ritter Tropic 1 Orchids
Please check back for complete list.
Next General Meeting will not be until January 11, 2014 due to the following events:
NOVEMBER 9 Fall Auction
DECEMBER 14 Christmas Party
Fort Pierce Orchid Society General Meetings meet on the 2nd Saturday of the month
at 10:00 a.m. at the Garden Club of Fort Pierce, 911 Parkway Drive, Fort Pierce, Florida 34950
For more details please read The Fort Pierce Orchid Society
November 2013 Newsletter click here or click on the "November 2013 Newsletter" link
in the navigation column to the right near the top. *********************************************************************
Additional newsletter information:
The nominating Board for 2014 is
President - Larry Justice
Vice President - Michael Ortseifer
Secretary - Renee Skalet
Treasurer - Rita Zeblin
Jo Tozer - 1 year
Larry Morello - 2 year - replacing Larry Justice
Pearl Williams - 3 year
Mary Bauer - 4 year
FPOS Monthly Meetings
The 1st Wednesday of each month at 5 pm
The 2nd Saturday of each month at 10 am
Meetings are held
at the Fort Pierce Garden Club, 911 Parkway Dr., Ft. Pierce, FL 34950 To view the location on a Google map click here
If you have an agenda item, please submit it before the meetings.